November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my wonderful readers who celebrate the holiday!!  I'll be spending the day at my in-laws with my family.....lots of great food, I'll be toting in the slow cookers, 7 of us + 5 doggies running around in the yard. We'll be watching the parade, lots of football and hopefully the fellas will let us squeeze in the movie What about Bob.  Good times.  So thankful for my family and all of you too.  

Over at the October Afternoon blog, I'm sharing this card as OA wishes you a Happy Thanksgiving.  
I'll be taking this one to my mom and dad on Friday.  Lots of fun OA paper, label, ribbon, button and the fun squirrel flash card.  Don't have a Thanksgiving stamp?  No worries, you'll be thankful you have an old typewriter nearby.  :)
I think it's always nice to take a hostess gift, even if it's just a little card or small gift.  I packaged my card up in a glassine sack and tied it up with some Fall-ish leaves.  
Very simple and took me about 5 minutes to assemble.
To keep it all together, I layered a paper doily with a confetti sack then topped it with two silk leaves.  Just staple them together and cover the staple with an enamel dot, sequin or button.  
For my little gift, I'm including a small Pumpkin Caramel Latte candle from Bath & Body. My very favorite ever...I bought all they had this season!
Okay, off to enjoy the festivities.  See you soon.

11 comments:

Sherrie said...

What an adorable card, and the packaging of it is wonderful!!
I visit often, but I don't think I've commented. Thanks for all you share on your blog--Project Life, cards, everything! Love it all!!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving Michelle. I always take a hostess gift to Thanksgiving dinner, it's usually something Christmas like so they can use them for the upcoming holiday. This year is it a set of Christmas dishtowels, so it is also practical. I tied them up with a pretty bow and make a tag. I am looking forward to being in a turkey coma and tomarrow going back up for leftovers. I love your card today and love the use of the flashcard. And your packaging is always the best. I have learned so much from your blog on packaging, it really is the packaging that is as much fun to my family and friends as the gift. I have bought out Bath and Body works this year on the plum wine amber candle for fall. But I have one of the pumkin carmel latte too and love it. Have a wonderful day with the family, grateful for you--Diana F.

DanaKirby said...

I love your card and package...perfect! Have a Very Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks you for all the sharing and inspiration you give throughout the year!

Jan Marcham said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Michelle. I hope you and your family have a wonderful day. I loved your post today. The card is wonderful, as is the packaging.

candyk said...

Happy TG! I love "what about Bob" In fact we designed our house after their vacation home: covered front porch, fireplace with window seats and built in bookshelves; we even did a screen porch on the back.
Thankfully my husband replaced the screens with windows and built me the most wonderful craft room. It is the go-to spot in the house, with windows to the outside on two sides, and windows to the kitchen and dining room on the other two so I can be in there and still be part of the action.

Your hostess gift idea reminded me I need to bring something to my sister-in-law's today. I think I am going to scout out the yard for any late blooming rosebuds and put them with some sage, rosemary and I found some bay leaves that are wintering nicely (thank you for no frost last night as predicted!) I like the Christmas towel idea--going on my shopping list for tomorrow!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

LOVED the layout on this card, and how you used the flash card... had to pin it so I remember to try something similar!!

Anonymous said...

I am looking for an old typewriter but where do you find the ribbons for them?
Sherri Nowak

Weddding hair and makeup Brisbane said...

I love how you put it all together and the candle Pumpkin Caramel Latte sounds really nice.

Anonymous said...

Hello would you mind letting me know which web host you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 different web browsers and I must say this blog loads a
lot faster then most. Can you recommend a good hosting provider at a
fair price? Cheers, I appreciate it!
Feel free to visit my weblog : live nfl streaming

Anonymous said...

Sound span, a construction comradeship turned up to start edifice a forebears on the strip lot.

The 398654 291013 [url=http://poa7.000space.com/usd.html]504729[/url] [url=http://mios.my-board.org/sdh.html]450216[/url] 378839 children relay's 5-year-old daughter actually took an involvement topic in all the

spirit growing on next door and dog-tired much of each stage observing the workers.

Anonymous said...

Gothick novel age, a construction troupe turned up to start structure a billet on the unfinished in lot.

The [url=http://mios.my-board.org/sdi.html]459796[/url] 194399 [url=http://mios.my-board.org/sdu.html]824430[/url] 856058 [url=http://blogs.hoy.es/tudess/2012/11/28/in-saudi-arabia-the-plane-was-replaced-by-a-cat/]6tr4i3ae[/url] often used as plural child relations's 5-year-old daughter outcome took an investment in all the

daresay on unstrained street on next door and dog-tired much of each term observing the workers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails