November 20, 2012

Project December...embellished envelopes

Hey there, I'm back today and happy to report that it's like Friday for my girls.  Today is their last day of school before the Thanksgiving break and it couldn't come sooner. The girls have FIVE tests between them today.  Needless to say it was a little stressful around here last night.  Plus the girls are fighting off colds and many around here are already getting the flu bug.  It makes me very happy that my little family can be nestled in at home for some rest and relaxation. I rented some movies yesterday.....Christmas Vacation, What about Bob?, and the trio of Narnia movies...I'm looking forward to settling in with those.  

So all the Thanksgiving excitement means that the Christmas holiday is right around the corner.  I've still got lots to share with my Project December.  Today it's all about envelopes and fun ways to capture and store some holiday photos + memories.  I've taken four envelopes from my stash and covered them with October Afternoon Make it Merry patterned papers + some vintage dictionary paper.  Below you can see the envelopes with the flaps folded out.  My favorite is the pink envelope with the candy cane paper and the vintage doily.  I also added a journaling card from October Afternoon + a little red stitching + a vintage star burst sequin from my stash.  
 Here's the envelopes with the flap sides showing.  They're in the simplest form right now and will be embellished with buttons, baubles, journaling, tin pins, photos, etc as my Project December progresses. These might have holes punched and go "naked" into my album or I might insert them into a specially designed clear page protector.  That's the fun of it....seeing how it all ends up being used.

The envelopes can hold lists, extra photos, movie tickets, receipts, recipes, tags from clothing, snippets cut from gift sacks and wrapping paper.  The possibilities are endless.

Here's a few inspiring ideas from my Pinterest boards for capturing more memories.  Geralyn misted a Kraft envelope with snowflake masks and added fun lettering to the envelope flap. Her mini albums are so amazing and inspiring.
Link Here
Here's another clever way to use a colored vellum envelope from annmarielovespaper.  The link doesn't work if you follow the trail through Pinterest but it's a lovely little snippet of inspiration to share.
Link Here
Instead of envelopes, flat sacks would also work great for holding holiday memorabilia.  Lisa Truesdell created this clever insert to hold holiday shopping lists.  I've got a few kits in the shop that have fun sacks and tags that would make perfect pockets for a Daily December or Project Life album.  
Link Here
Boy, I kind of got lost in Pinterest Land while searching for inspiration.  I definitely have more ideas now to add to my Project December.  I hope you are gearing up for great holiday season.  My goal is to  enjoy this time with my family.  I'm not going to add extra stress this year.  It's just kind of silly to make this special time a burden.  I'm gonna live it up and have fun with my hubs and the 2 reds.  I hope you do the same.  :)

6 comments:

Dawn F. said...

Absolutely love your ideas. Thank you so much for the detail and frequency of your posts. Because of what you've posted, I'm putting my December Daily right into my PL binder and am loving the process of setting it up. I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving week.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I ordered to OA Mini kit (and my first Santa Sack yesterday!), and am gathering ideas - you are a wealth of them!! We are going to Disneyland for a week in December, so I plan to use this album to record our trip. SO glad I can think ahead and pin all your good ideas to borrow! ;)

Anonymous said...

When someone writes an piece of writing he/she keeps the
idea of a user in his/her mind that how a user can know it.
Therefore that's why this piece of writing is amazing. Thanks!
my site > best cigarettes

Waseem said...

this is just stunning idea..i would love to design Gift Card envelopes same like that.

Unknown said...

What a great idea!! Now why didnt I think of this. This is why you have a blog and I dont, you have so much creativity and are super talented.
I love seeing all these patterns of paper put together, it makes me happy.
I am gathering so many ideas for my DD album and cards from you. And thank you for posting the Pinterest pictures, I will add them to my boards also. Thank you Michelle for sharing so much of yourself with us, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I feel thankful to have your creativity in my life.--Diana F.

Raquel (All My Things) said...

Wowww I love it!!!

from Spain

Related Posts with Thumbnails