June 24, 2013

Project Life 2013....Week 15 (using all Gossamer Blue June Kits)

Today I'm sharing Week 15 of my Project Life 2013.  I think almost every item came from my Gossamer Blue June kits.  I love to open my kit packages and sort through all the papers and embellishments each month.  From there I turn my patterned papers to my favorite sides. I organize all my supplies in my Project Life area then I get to work on a weekly spread.  

Here's this week's 2 page spread with 2 inserts sitting in between. 
Here's the 2 week spread without the inserts.  I used 11 photos this week between the two pages.  
This was the first part of April.  Still so very cold and this was the big week for the turkey hunters.  My nephew brings a friend and they stay 3-4 days each year during the hunting season. 
This week has lots of photos from the turkey hunting events so it makes it kind of a challenge to use your favorite papers and embellishments when all the photos have camo pattern.  
Oh, these wonderful letters from Create Paper.  They remind me of the vintage letters that slide into those wall mounted signage boards.  I use a gazillion packs of these.  I used an XL Parcel Tag as the base for the letters.  
Here I used some stickers to embellish a photo. 
 Lots of inserts cut from a sheet of patterned paper with vintage typewriter journaling and stickers.  The photo is an old Purina Chicken waterer.  I filled it with succulents and vines and gave it to my sister for her birthday.
 More journaling cards that I cut from a sheet of Crate Paper.  Lots of little tags ,and Washi from the Color Kit.
 Sometimes kits offer items that you want to hoard or that are maybe somewhat challenging.  I found a fun way to use this Mint Julep envelope from Basic Grey that came in the June Bits & Pieces Kit.  I added some journaling to the card that slips in the envelope and then adhered the envelope to the outside of the page protector.  That way the envelope can be opened but is held closed by the fun paperclip.
Here's the journaling. 
 While my nephew is back, we eat pretty well around here.  He's a chef and fixes us the best entrees.  Here we had smoked pork that was seared in a pan and then sprinkled with coarse salt.  It was crunchy yet tender, oh so good.
 The next night we had BBQ ribs that were to die for.  I used the fun vellum pieces and blue chipboard letters as card accents.
On to the inserts.  This is a 5 x 7 photo with some stickers and hand lettering.  I love the beautiful turkey feathers.
 The back side of that photo has another 5 x 7 photo of Josey and Jordan.  The right side is another insert noting more turkey hunting events.
 Journaling about Josey's turkey.
 The back side of that insert has stories about Jordan's turkey.
 I used various manila tags from my shop for some simple typewriter journaling +a few of the Snap stamps from the June Bits & Pieces kit.
A great week to have in the books.  

If you're wondering about the 3 winners for my Sweet Summertime class, I'll put up another post a little later announcing the winners. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails