September 23, 2013

Birthday Cake Cards..using Pan Pastels for candle glow

Today I have some birthday cards to share using a Papertrey Ink stamp set, Pan Pastels and some leftover patterned paper from a Gossamer Blue kit. 
 I started out by stamping all the layers of the birthday cake and candles onto a Becky Higgins blank journaling card.  After that I used my Pan Pastels and a small sponge applicator to add the candle glow to all the candles on the cake.  Pan Pastels are super soft and blend beautifully.  It was so easy to create a soft glow.  You can blend with your fingers or use an eraser to remove color if needed.
 Next I added some fine glitter to the cake.  What's a birthday without sparkles, right?
 I prepped my card bases with pretty patterned papers.
Then I added my stamped layered + brads and enamel dots.  
 A little bit of glitter, a little bit of dimension + the glowing candles.
 A fun little stash of cards.
 It's so fun to just sit and create.....adding special little touches here and there.  Hope you enjoy.
One of these cards has made it's way into my shop this morning.  I'm clearing out a little of my stash so look for new handmade items all week.  Thanks for stopping by.  I've gotta run...Charlie gets to go to school today.  He had a bath last night and is all soft and smells soooo good.  Josey gets to use Charlie as a prop for a speech she is giving today.  Lucky Charlie!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love these cards!! I pinned this picture on my pinterest board. Such bright and happy cards and I had almost forgot about that particular PTI stamp set. It is such a cute set, I need to get it out!
Thank you for continuing to share your creations with us. I always look forward to your cards. You are a wonderful, creative inspiration for me. Have a good weekend. Diana F.

Related Posts with Thumbnails